Central Alberta Medical Imaging Services Ltd. is the recipient of the 2014 Sonography Canada Continuing Education Award. Amber Javaid, CAMIS Education Coordinator, accepted the award on behalf of CAMIS at the national ultrasound conference in Banff May 8. The award recognizes an institution that significantly supports and influences the education of sonographers.
• Practicum site for SAIT and NAIT Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS) students since 2002
• CAMIS annual entrance scholarships for both SAIT and NAIT DMS students since 2007
• Host of Alberta Diagnostic Sonography Association (ADSA) ultrasound conferences in 2006 and 2012
• CAMIS annually supports both provincial and national ultrasound conferences
• All CAMIS sonographers have the opportunity to attend the ADSA provincial conference annually and Sonography Canada national conference on a rotational basis.
• Education Coordinator on staff since 2013
• In-house education program includes Medical Grand Rounds, “lunch and learns”, weekend workshops, article postings, and monthly educational newsletters.
Posted Tuesday, May 20th 2014
Categories: General Information